Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fuel Setup

My mini came with a 35L tank, which wasnt very common in Minis until the 1970s. The mini had a mechanical fuel pump so the only thing attached to the fuel tank was the fuel level sender unit. I did a fair bit of studying and calculating and found that if i soldered a 200 ohm resistor in parrallel with the fuel level sender unit of the mini.. it would send almost the same resistance at high and low levels as the standard glanza fuel level sender.

I used an external bosch fuel pump rated up to 500hp to feed my 4EFTE with a low pressure fuel filter before the pump and a high pressure reusable billet aluminum fuel filter before the fuel rail. The fuel pump and LP filter were mounted in the boot. I used the standard mini fuel line as a return and ran a new 5/16" (8mm) fuel line as a supply. The standard fuel pressure regulator was used as im not planning on running higher than 12psi, but ill see how that goes in the future....

With all my other systems, i tend to paintshop pro them up for reference. Here's another.



No comments:

Post a Comment