Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Prep and last prime

After long hours of body preparation i have prepared my panels for their last primer and rub back before paint.

I had already booked a spray booth to hire at M'Mates Place @ $440 for 8 hours and a friend had already cleared his day to help me spray the Mini on the weekend.

Below are all the panels before the last prime. I had to block and wet sand back all parts again using very fine sandpaper such as 800 grit. The more time spent doing this the better the paint would turn out, so i managed to borrow a friend for the day to help me do this.

Note there are a lot of other little parts you need to prepare for paint also.

 
All parts to be primed and prepared:

- Car body
- Side doors
- Bonnet
- Bootlid
- Wheel arches
- External door hinges
- Bootlid hinges + screws
- Rear subframe sill covers





No comments:

Post a Comment