Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blow Off Valve - Revised Setup


The main reason for this revision was the location of the plumb back hose from the blow off valve to the air filter pipe. I needed to have a plumb back but also wanted the option to have it atmospheric. The only decent choice was the Turbosmart Kompact for price and size and because there was the option of the dual port model.

I did have to remake a few components this time. The air intake pipe was first on my agenda and i would work my way back from there. I had a Ramflo air filter still kicking around which i had intended using at some stage so i welded it to the end of 90degree bent pipe then welded a new bung outlet for the BOV plumb back. After some brainstorming with a work mate i decided to run a bit of 20mm pipe along the front of the rocker cover as part of the plumb back and use 20mm hose for the join to the BOV. I mounted this by welding some tags to the pipe and bolting it to the head.



The 2.25" pipe bend that mounted the BOV was remade with a simple 20mm bung for hose mounting of the BOV. Then I used some hose spiral to keep the shape of the hose for the pipe to the BOV hosing. I used this spiral stuff on the W2A system also, its good stuff!


Painted and complete. An easy unscrew of the BOV trumpet and a quick swap out with the provided blanking plug turns this BOV into a full plumb back system... vice versa.


No comments:

Post a Comment