Sunday, March 17, 2013

Headlining + Rear View Mirror


This was a job i had been procrastinating about for awhile as its not an easy job. One day i decided to take it on and get it done and just take my time doing it.

I had purchased some new headlining rods from Minispares which are specially colour coded.

From front to back:
Red
White
White
Black
Blue
Yellow

I pretty much followed the instructions from a The Mini Forum post. The link is here

I would say I'm about 90% happy with the job, but i guess that's how most people feel about doing jobs themselves. There is one small corner that i couldn't quite get right but it will be sorted soon enough. 



With the windscreen installed earlier i was now able to install the rear view mirror. I was originally going to use the standard rear view mirror but opted for a brand new modern replacement that was glued to the glass. The glue used was purchased separately and was specific to rear view mirrors mounting on windscreens. It sets within seconds so i had to make sure it was installed in the right place.




No comments:

Post a Comment