Sunday, April 28, 2013

Dash, Demister, Audio + Carpet

Before i move onto the final dash installation. I need to bring up my heater demister system. I opted not to use the conventional system and used 2 x 12V hair dryers attached to the mini demister trumpets. They work reasonably well and since i wont actually be using them much it's not a big concern. They're really only for registration purposes.



For the dash I followed the same theme as my door cards and used the same black vinyl with white top stitching and glued the vinyl over my top and lower dash rails. I really had to be patient with these as sewing them was really difficult. They aren't perfect but when you do things yourself you're never really 100% satisfied anyway.

I went with a simple Pioneer deck with 4" speakers up the front and Autometer Pro Comp gauges. The odometer as you should know is from the Glanza dash and the switch panel was made by me integrating the heater demister, hazard lights and low boost switch. The other switches are manual over ride switches for the radiator fan and W2A radiator fan.




With the steering wheel installed it definitely looks the part. As you will also see i have started installing the red carpet. Its still not fully installed but i will update that in the future. 



For the rear i installed Pioneer 6" x 9" speakers in an under seat board wrapped again in black vinyl. This is pretty standard in most Mini's these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment