Sunday, April 28, 2013

Side Mirrors + Wheel arches


It took me awhile to sort out my side mirrors and wheel arches although I had already purchased them awhile back. I wanted to paint them the same black that my roof was so it really just came down to me being too lazy to prep them. 

The side mirrors were purchased from Demon Tweaks and are the 'Vitaloni California Wing Mirrors'. I simply mock fitted them with nut inserts before taking them apart and painting them. I had only seen a few Mini's with these and thought these were a nice and different looking mirror.




The wheel arches i ended up using were the simple plastic wheel arches as my rims don't stick out so much anymore. I have some wider rims but they push my track out beyond road legal limits and since i will be going through the 'Pitts' i won't be able to get my car registered unless its within these limits. (+25mm from standard track length is limit)

I did make some modifications to the wheel arches as i don't like the exposed screw. I simply fiber glassed and body filled the holes and mounted the arches from underneath. This doesn't help with the body to tire gap and since my car is almost normal height for registration purposes, it will have to do for now. It would definitely look better dumped!! >_<



No comments:

Post a Comment